Find current Auditions in your area
What to do in Auditions:
- Initial contact – be friendly and professional.
- Find out what they are looking for and determine whether or not you fit the criteria.
- Present a professional image (you don't have a second chance to make a first impression).
- Take control of the situation (plan what you are going to play and do)
- Be on time ready and warmed up
- Be professional – Dress for the occasion, keep yourself in good shape.
- Don't oversell yourself but be confident and assertive.
- Wear a smile and act like you're having a good day even if you aren't.
- Introduce yourself - Speak clearly
- Look people in the eye
- Communicate if you have a legitimate problem (long before the audition)
What Not to Do in Auditions:
- Do not wear shorts, jeans, hats, etc.
- Do not make excuses or apologies (for anything)
- Do not draw attention to problems (the casting director may not notice)
How to Audition:
- Know the material better than anyone else! –This is the key to a successful auditions.
- Be personable. – Show that others are able to get along with you.
- Attitude – Be cooperative and extremely diplomatic.
- If you have opinions, but try and not be to forceful with them in auditions environment.
- Keep a positive attitude and you will have respect from the others in the auditions.
- Be friendly, but be yourself. People can usually see through facades.
- Give yourself plenty of time to do everything (get up early, have a meal, arrive early)
- Avoid overpracticing, which may cause nerve problems and fatigue
- Warm up well and practice auditions material
- Don't be afraid to come and try auditions!
- Come and simply show off what you have to offer, however experienced you are
- Don't shy away if you are a beginner.
- Maintain a positive appearance even if you do not think you audition well
- Evaluate the auditions experience
What Not to Say in Auditions:
- I haven't had a chance to practice.
- I didn't know...
- What would you like to hear?
- Nobody told me...
*All trademarks showed on this page are the property of their respective owners. Nothing here meant imply endorsement by or affiliation with, the brands named. Brand names used for the purposes of showing potential casting opportunities, and reflecting brands that had acting and modeling auditions posted on our site.