Find current Auditions in your area
How to do your best in Auditions
How to conduct yourself in auditions
- Be early. There might be a cancellation, and it keeps you from getting frantic.
- Dress appropriately. Not as the character, but suggestive of it.
- Have a great attitude. Both in the audition and if you don't get the part you want.
- Remember it's a performance, not an audition. A good audition is a performance.
- Be gracious to the accompanist. Always. Even if he messes up. And use him if he's there.
- Be willing to try something new. Some leads last year didn't sing for the role they got.
- Tell us a story. That means we have to hear the text clearly, at the very least!
- Be prepared. Be memorized, and familiar enough with it that you've made choices.
When the audition is over
- Things don't always go as planned. Feel good with any outcome.
- It's really not about you. It's about fit, or chemistry with others. Not necessary your bad.
- Be strong! Hearing no is part of getting to yes. Rejection is part of the game
- There are always other auditions, and other roles. Other chances, other places.
- Remember who you are. Your audition role is just a role, nothing more.
- If you did not get it, it doesn't make you a good or bad person. Keep things in perspective.
- Be noticed as a positive character you never know who'll be auditioning someday.
How to overcome auditions Nervousness, stage fright and audition anxiety
- Realize that if you want to succeed, the audition is not the enemy!
- Believe in yourself. Replace negative self-talk with positive self-talk, always.
- Have every moment planned. If you know your routine, you won't be scared.
- Have a mental word or phrase ready in the moment crisis management.
- Exercise regularly . Exercise releases stress, you will feel better.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep the same hours nightly. Your body needs it to regenerate.
- Practice success. Practice makes permanent! If you practice freaking out, you will.
- Reduce caffeine and smoking. It makes a difference in daily anxiety levels.
*All trademarks showed on this page are the property of their respective owners. Nothing here meant imply endorsement by or affiliation with, the brands named. Brand names used for the purposes of showing potential casting opportunities, and reflecting brands that had acting and modeling auditions posted on our site.